Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tikal, here I come!

Taking a bus to Tikal tomorrow. Planning to stay at Los Amigos Hostel, but they don't take reservations. I hope to get in and then get a ride to the ruins, which I don't think will be a problem at all. The bus ride is the most concerning part - it's only $35, but 9hours long. We'll see how this one goes. Fingers crossed...As Jacqueline can tell you, I can't make it 1 hour on a trip without having to go to the bathroom. I was in tears and about to loose control of bodily functions on the way back from Panajachel when I found out we weren't stopping for a bathroom break. I have never been in so much bladder pain, seriously. Well, here it goes, tomorrow at 7:30a I'll be boarding a bus which I made sure has a bathroom in the back. Yes, some adventures I'm not willing to go on. Oh, did I mention it has A/C? Yes, yes, traveling adventures have changed a lot in the past 10 years. No more sleeping on park benches...

No comments:

Post a Comment