Saturday, June 26, 2010

Guatemala Part 2


Submitted by: Steven Erhart

(pic is not one taken by our group)
We officially completed the 'Mission' part of our time in Guatemala. Some have returned home (Kirsten, Steve, Todd, and Greg), and others will leave tomorrow and later this week. Today, I said goodbye to Todd and Greg who rode together to the airport and have enjoyed a lazy day at the hotel which included a short stint to a nearby coffee shop here in Antigua. It's hard to believe the week has flown by so fast and I still haven't wrapped my mind around all that has happened over the past 6 days. I do know, speaking for myself, this trip was a life altering event as all trips like this have been. I hope to catch up on my blogging over the next few days and put some words to these experiences. My free time has been spent collecting photos and blogs from others in the group and I have neglected my own 'blogging.'

For now, I know I'd be extremely sad if I knew this was my last day in Antigua. I am looking forward to spending some more time getting to know this amazing city. I will be leaving today and heading to Lake Atitlan with Jacqueline and then back to Antigua which will also include a short flight to Tikal next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment